Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Black rocks, St.Kitts

Black rocks as the name says is the name of rock formation on the north-eastern coast of St. Kitts. It is a volcanic formation from the lava of Mount Liamuiga, very close to the town of Saddlers.
The drop is sudden so visitors are advised not to go too close to the cliff.
  
our friends-- Sandeep, Lata, aditya

With Lata, Monica and Aditya





I was busy admiring the view and clicking pictures and all of a sudden, there was a sting followed by another. I thumped my foot hard to get rid of the ants which I thought were harmless but they refused to budge. I had to brush them off manually.
The bite was like fire and till that time I had no idea about fire ants, this being my first experience.


fire ant bite

The next day, the bite hurt and formed pustules. The area was itchy and painful at the same time. It almost took a fortnight for the scabs to fall off.

Not a native of Caribbeans, fire ants are an invasive species and seem to be spreading quite fast.
view of Mount Liamuiga beneath the clouds
Nothing much to do in Black rocks, it is nice weekend getaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is always appreciated.