Monday, March 10, 2014

Painting wine bottles

We had a gathering one day and while clearing, I saw the number of wine bottles on the table. Usually, I throw them away but this time no, I need to do something about them.  I searched the net for possible ideas.  Tried cutting off the wine bottle using alcohol dipped in string but it was a flop for me :(
Then, I saw painted wine bottles and decided to give them a try. Nothing lost even if I don't succeed. So, began my journey of painting the wine bottles. I had painted glass earlier but bottles? No, I had never tried. The round surface of bottle makes it a little tricky to paint, the brush seemed to slip away. After two three mishaps and wiping off the surface again and again, I managed to create something.   I even asked my friend to donate his empty wine bottles so I could practice more. Thanks Vijay for the carton of bottles.
I  paint glass ware with enamel paints and leave them to dry for at least 3 weeks. The only thing I need to be careful of after the final art work is not to use a harsh abrasive pad while washing them.

Oil bottles on my sister's kitchen counter 
There are various ways you can use these bottles.  Put in your cooking oil with a spout, use it as a vase, put in your washing up liquid with a dispenser.

sprinkled some sparkle
 
 So, next time you see these glass bottles, think twice before throwing them away.

7 comments:

  1. please may I have one

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative :) Nice use, Vandana.
    These bottles are attractive. The looks get further enhanced by art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out to be a good thought- the end result is extremely pleasing. I like the first one (hibiscus?) in the first pic and the second one in the second pic (blue bottle). Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the encouragement and appreciatiing my work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. can you please post some videos on how to paint on glass bottle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not an expert and still in the learning process. I doubt you shall learn anything from me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is always appreciated.