Friday, April 8, 2016

Chinese fan napkin folding

Another napkin folding which I liked was at the Chinese restaurant again at Conrad, Bangkok. It was the Chinese fan. Looking at my intrigued expression and unfolding the napkin, the girl brought a fresh napkin and demonstrated the folding to me.

I hope I am able to properly and clearly put in the steps.


You need a well starched full sized cotton napkin.


Fold the napkin in half, put a crease there so that the demarcation is clear. It helps to press the crease with a hot iron.


Bring the two sides to meet at the center crease. You should be having three folds now.


Fold the napkin in half and divide each side into three parts. You should now be having six parts.


Start folding in a fan manner till you finish.


Hold one end and you should see something like the picture on top.


Now, you need to hold the side where you can see two flaps.


Pull the flap on your side towards you like in the above picture.


Do the same on reverse side. I have put arrows to indicate the directions of pull.


Press the sides together and you have something like this.


You have two flaps in the form of triangle on either side, tuck them inside.


Lay your napkin on top of a plate and it will spread by itself.


3 comments:

  1. Super site! I am Loving it!! Will return again, Im taking your sustenance moreover, Thanks. Fanyi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is always appreciated.